End the year feeling great, not guilty!
Part of the joy of Christmas time is that it’s filled with friends, family, parties, wine and food. For some it’s easy to breeze through the silly season feeling fit and fresh but for most of us it leads to a bit of over indulgence and our bums and tums end the festive season a little worse for wear.
So to avoid that dusty feeling and keep your Lagree sculpted buns here are some tips to get you through to a happy and healthy new year:
- be water wise: it's so important to stay hydrated in the heat and to combat the silly season festivities. Keeping your H2O intake up to help flush out toxins, relieve those Chrissy party headaches, improve your mood and help you to feel less fatigued
- getting the green: I love my green supplements and drink them every day! Popping one to two teaspoons of a good green powder supplement into some purified water will alkalise your body and give you a blast of antioxidants, loads of vitamins and pre and probiotics to support digestion
- eat for energy: don’t skip meals! Make sure you fuel your body consistently through the day to avoid over eating. If you know you have a big meal planned at some stage during the day then have smaller meals throughout the day to balance it out; don’t starve your body as you will end up taking in too many calories at one meal
- fruit and veg give you the edge: 2 fruit and 5 veg are recommended for good health by the World Health Organisation so stick to this and you'll keep that healthy feeling over the holiday season (ps your green supplements don't count!)
- mornings are for moving: move first thing when you get up in the morning! Once your workout is done it’s out of the way and you can head off and enjoy your festive season plans guilt-free
- lean and mean is all about routine: if you can manage to maintain a couple of elements of your workout routine or even just one (I’m sure you’ll all choose your always awesome Lagree classes ;P) then you won’t lose momentum. You’ll maintain the results you have and there won’t be any horrible ‘getting back into it’ phase in 2017
- salt water and sandy toes: hit the beach for the salty benefits. Salt water will keep you looking fresh faced with skin enhancing minerals like calcium, magnesium and potassium as well as absorbing nasty toxins in the body
- be a beach bum with hot buns: we all spend more time having fun in the sun over the break so if you’re away or looking for somewhere to train when your studios are closed over the holiday period then turn the beach into your booty burn destination. Hit the sand for a walk or run; squats, lunges, push ups and planks are always a little more challenging on the sand
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
Kelley Sloan is a qualified nutritionist andCertified Lagree Fitness Instructor at LA Fit Studio. Kelley is also certified in many other forms of fitness, including Pilates, Barre, TRX and other cross training methods.
After being diagnosed with an autoimmune disease several years ago, a passion in health, nutrition, and overall wellness was born. In order to improve the state of her own health Kelley undertook training as a Nutritional Counsellor to understand her own body and help others experiencing similar issues through her consulting business One Wellness.
If you have any questions about health and nutrition that you would like Kelley to answer on our blog please send us an enquiry!