Each week during Megaformer Challenge our Mindfulness Coach Kylie Pearsall, better known as KP, will be sharing a juicy blog to keep you on track and motivated. Here's the low down for Week 1!
It's time to get present.
What brings you here? Why have you decided to tackle Megaformer Challenge this year? Take a moment to answer this question – your WHY – if you haven’t already given it any thought. Your why comes in handy when the initial buzz of motivation can wear off a little – hopefully not already right here in Week 1.
By now you would have taken your initial measurements. These are a BASELINE. If you don’t know where you are, you can’t measure change at the end of the challenge.
For some of us, these measurements can be a reality check. Part of the challenge is to be able to sit with what’s happening right now, exactly as it is. The challenge is your opportunity to create CHANGE.
- Have you taken time to think about what kinds of change you’re aiming to create with the challenge this year?
- Do you want to be able to do a longer plank hold?
- Do you want to change your measurements?
- Do you want to know that it is possible to complete 15 sessions in a month?
- While we’re on that last one, have you booked in your sessions yet? To make sure that you can get into the classes that suit you, to complete your target sessions, jump online now and book!
- Let’s get present to what we have signed up for, to practice presence in each and every workout, each and every move.
- What are you present to right now?
- Maybe it’s the simple sensation of your breath right now, the space you’re sitting in while you’re reading this.
Each time you’re in a class, there will be sensations that you’re present to. These could include burning, shaking, stretching, the sound of the instructor’s voice, the instructions they’re giving you, the music that is playing. Staying present in each moment as it happens is how we can keep taking small steps towards those changes we want to create.
This week's mantra – start where you are, do what you can, use what you have.
Listen to Week 1 Meditation
Megaformer Challenge starts 1 May.
Transform your mind and body.