LaFit Studio appreciate the importance of protecting your personal information and recognise the trust placed in us when you supply your personal information to us.
LaFit Studio will control the collection, security, quality, use and disclosure of personal information in accordance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
LaFit Studio Pty Ltd is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression 'personal information' is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual whose identity is apparent, or can reasonably be ascertained, from the information or opinion.
- Collection and use of personal information
The type of personal information that LaFit Studio collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. For example we will collect personal information from you if you:
- join LaFit Studio as a member
- subscribe to a newsletters or magazine
- register for the website
- register for an event
Generally speaking, the purpose of collection and the minimum information you need to provide, will be conveyed to you at the time of collection.
If you choose not to provide the personal information requested, LaFit Studio may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
- Use and discolsure of personal information
Your personal information may be used to:
- provide the products and services you have requested
- maintain registration and membership records
- gain an understanding of your information and communication needs to provide you with a better service
- provide access to information about current and future services and benefits offerings
- conduct research and surveys to identify and analyse the ongoing needs of members and the industry
- Disclosure of Information
LaFit Studio may disclose your personal information to thrid party organisations, which may include:
- external service providers to whom LaFit Studio has contracted out functions, such as printers, mailing houses, advertising agencies, but only for the purpose of providing the service LaFit Studio has contracted out
- Member Benefits+ partners
- government and regulatory authorities and other organisations, as required or authorised by law
- LaFit Studio’s professional advisers
- LaFit Studio’s related companies
- other professional bodies
You may at any time opt out of certain service offerings. In these situations, we prohibit the third party contractors from using personal information about you except for the specific purpose for which we supply it.
Other than the above, we will not disclose your personal information without your consent unless disclosure is either necessary to prevent a threat to life or health, authorised or required by law, reasonably necessary to enforce the law or necessary to investigate a suspected unlawful activity.
- Data Quality
LaFit Studio takes all reasonable precautions to ensure that your personal information is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of that information depends to a large extent on the information you provide.
We recommend that you:
- let us know if there are any errors in your personal information
- keep us up-to-date with changes to your information
- Data security
LaFit Studio will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
LaFit Studio’s personnel are trained to treat member and other customer information with the utmost confidentiality.
- Access to personal information
Individuals have the right to request access to your personal information held by LaFit Studio. You also have the right to request the correction of any information that relates to you and is inaccurate. If you would like access, please make your request in writing for security reasons to LaFit Studio.
Members and non-members can access and update their contact details and member profile via the Update your profile section of the website.
- Resolving your concerns
If an individual wishes to gain access to their personal information, have a complaint about a breach of their privacy or they have any questions on how their personal information is handled, please address issues to email@example.com
LaFit Studio will respond to your request within 7 days.
Further Information For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website on www.privacy.gov.au